You are registering for the Walk21 Hong Kong Conference to be held on 3-7 October 2016. It is important to read all the information on the Conference Website before you commence.
REGISTRATION IMPORTANT NOTES
- “Registration” includes access to (1) the conference on 3-5 Oct in HKCEC, (2) Public Forum on 6 Oct, and (3) Walkshops on 7 Oct (upon registration on first-come, first-served basis), lunches & coffee breaks. A full set of welcome kit and name badge will also be provided.
- All registration will close at 23:59 hours HK time, 30 Sep 2016 and no onsite registration will be accepted.
- Delegates from Hong Kong, China and Macau are required to pay in HKD. Delegates from the Rest of the World (ROW) are required to pay in USD.
- “Group Delegates” apply to registrants coming from the same organisation, which will be reflected on Name Badges and in one single invoice. Please complete particulars of the group members in the attached form and submit together with this form.
- Discounts offered to “Developing Countries” refer to those listed as “Emerging and Developing Economies” on the IMF database of Apr 2015 (http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2015/01/weodata/groups.htm), in relation to the “Country” quoted in Section A.
- Discounts offered to “NGOs” and “Supporting Organisations” are subject to organiser’s approval.
- A unique guest code will be provided directly to all invited speakers, speakers, reviewers, session chairpersons and VIPs to get discount on registration.
- Discounts offered to “Students” are subject to verification by the organiser with reference to the submission of valid full-time Student ID and Letter from faculty/department verifying their current student status. All applicants in this category must be aged 30 or below.
- “Accompanying Person” refers to a spouse or partner; colleagues or assistants are not eligible.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Registration forms submitted via the electronic online application serve as a contract between the delegate and Walk21 Hong Kong Conference. As soon as your registration form is received by Walk21 Hong Kong Conference and making full payment, a Confirmation Letter will be issued within 7 working days by sending email to delegates. If payment is made through bank transfer, delegates will receive a Registration Payment Instruction to acknowledge your registration submission and payment must be made within 14 days after registration is submitted and at least 3 days prior to the opening of the conference to secure your participation.
The Confirmation Letter also serves as a registration payment receipt of Walk21 Hong Kong Conference and no separate receipt will be issued.
Registration fees do not include flights, accommodation or any other expenses incurred in relation to Walk21 Hong Kong Conference. Registration fees are calculated according to the date of payment receipt. If the payment is made after the deadline for the selected payment period has passed, the registration fee for the following period will be applicable and the difference will be invoiced.
No onsite registration will be accepted. Please bring your confirmation receipt with registration ID for onsite check-in.
|B.||METHODS OF PAYMENT|
Payment should preferably be processed online by credit card (MasterCard, Visa or UnionPay) through the registration platform. If payment is made by bank transfer, please email a copy of the receipt/documentation to email@example.com and bring proof of payment to the onsite registration desk.
The organsier will not bear any bank charges associated with telegraphic transfer of money. All bank charges to be borne by delegates. Difference will be invoiced if the received amount is less than the billed amount.
The organiser, Civic Exchange, has appointed Rentech Service Limited as the service provider of online registration for Walk21 Hong Kong Conference and they are authorised to collect all registration payment or issue refunds, if any, on behalf of organiser.
No cancellation of registration will be accepted. No-shows will not qualify for a refund of fees and no refund of payments shall be made under any circumstances.
In case of overpayment or double payment, any refund requests must include a valid proof of the overpayment or double payment which must be made in writing and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 30 Oct. All bank charges applied in order to process a refund will be borne by the delegates.
|D.||VISA REQUIREMENTS / INVITATION LETTER|
It is the sole responsibility of the delegate to take care of visa requirements. Delegates who require a Hong Kong entry visa must allow sufficient time for the visa application procedure. Delegate registration details may be shared with the immigration authorities to assist in the immigration process. However, Walk21 Hong Kong Conference will not contact embassies and consulates on behalf of applicants.
To receive an invitation letter for the Walk21 Hong Kong Conference, delegates must first register and pay the registration fees in full. They can then contact email@example.com to request the invitation letter.
If the delegate is not granted a visa, registration fees will be reimbursed (less USD100 as administrative fee) if and only if the delegate can show that the application was made to Walk21 Hong Kong Conference according to the conditions above and also provides an official document from the Immigration Department of the Government of HKSAR showing the visa rejection. Such evidence should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Delegates shall not be entitled to any compensation should natural catastrophe, political or economic circumstances or any case of force majeure prevent Walk21 Hong Kong Conference from being held, limit its size or modify its nature. Should it not be possible for Walk21 Hong Kong Conference to occur, all registration fees shall remain the property of Walk21 Hong Kong Conference.
The organiser cannot be held any liability or responsibility for accidents to delegates or for damage or loss of their personal property howsoever caused; delegates should therefore make their own insurance arrangements.
Walk21 Hong Kong Conference reserves the right to make amendments to the programme or any activities related to Walk21 Hong Kong Conference at its discretion. Walk21 Hong Kong Conference reserves the rights to modify, at any time, the provisions in this Registration Terms & Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall apply to all delegates registering to the Walk21 Hong Kong Conference. Your personal information as provided above will be used as the point of contact for Walk21.
|CONTACT OF ORGANISER|
Walk21 Hong Kong Conference
Tel: +852 2893 0213
Fax: +852 3105 9713
Address: 23/F, Chun Wo Commercial Centre, 23-29 Wing Wo Street, Central, Hong Kong